Who is Brittany? Click here: Brittany’s Initial 8 Step Plan
RESULTS UPDATE OCTOBER 2014
Brittany Avent, the courageous young woman who has said yes to a very public weight loss journey, is now down 19 pounds and 10 inches. Since starting her journey in late June 2014, she has created several new habits including decreased sugar intake, meal planning, tracking, healthy dining out and regular workouts (in her new Lola Getts gear with her personal trainer Jennifer on the Arizona State University Campus gym!). Brittany is currently working to further reduce added sugars in her diet and stop eat past 9:00 o’clock p.m. each night.
These changes are driven by her decision and drive to live in a healthy body and mind. Brittany’s hard work and results are driven by the shifts she is experiencing in her mental thought patterns and habits which include elimination of the instant gratification mindset, black-and-white (all-or-nothing) thinking and the rooting belief that she can, in fact, lose weight and enjoy the foods she loves. Her confidence continues to blossom with each passing day. Keep reading for her current big wins…
The below is a gorgeous, radiant picture of Brittany as she stands strong and confident in her new changing body and mind.
CURRENT BIG WINS
- In Brittany’s words: (Yes, this was a very real and very awesome text message I received from her…)
“What an AMAZING day today. Let me tell you, so I bought this shirt that I really really liked (awhile ago, it’s been sitting in the closet) and I knew that I most likely wasn’t going to wear it because in my head I’m thinking (I’ll get it but wear it when I lose some more weight) long story short, that shirt, I wore it today, at school, on campus, around people, and I walked with my head held high. Now I was obviously 17 pounds heavier when I bought the shirt and I didn’t feel as comfortable. I told myself your going to wear that shirt (plus it went with my Egyptian lesson plan) today, no if’s, ands, or butts, and NO bringing an extra shirt “just incase” I end up questioning how I would look! So I did it, I felt great, still have a ways to go, but that, for me, was a huuuuuuuuge break and I am SO glad I decided to wear it and I will be wearing it for the rest of the day. I feel GREAT in it and I still can’t believe I wore it. I can feel my confidence building up!“
- Working out 4 time a week, up from 0 (current stepping stone goal 3 times a week)
- Completing 60 minutes (straight plus a cool down!) on the gym bike.
- Decreased sugar and focusing on 15-25 grams of carbohydrate per meal and snack
NEW HABITS SHE HAS CREATED
- Regular tracking to include time blocking for time management, food eaten daily, exercsie and personal wins
- Making new, lower in sugar, choices while eating out at restaurants
- Eating smaller portions of food
- Allowing sweet treats into her diet when she wants them
- Greater confidence in her body and weight loss efforts
On Friday, October 24, 2014 Brittany and I will be headed the the grocery store to shop and read labels then into her kitchen for a hands on meal planning and cooking session with Channel 12 News and the Arizona Republic. Stay tuned for photos and updates here and on AZCentral.com!